Sunday, October 21, 2012

Zoya Ornate Holiday Collection Review

Zoya Ornate Holiday Collection



About Zoya Ornate Collection 

The NEW Zoya Ornate Collection is the perfect to decorate your nails with stunning jewel tone colors and special effect pigments this season. Featuring six stunning, glittering, crystal shades in our new Power Pigment Full Coverage Formula. Superior coverage and dynamic color in one. All in the long-wearing, toxin free (BIG5FREE) formula you love... Each one is as beautiful as the next.






Zoya WINTER/HOLIDAY 2012/13: ORNATE Collection

·         Blaze (ZP641) - Cranberry Glitter Glam Crystal - Featuring Power Pigment Full Coverage

·         Electra (ZP642) -  Holographic Tinsel Special Effect- wear it alone or layer it for extra drama

·         Ziv (ZP644) - Gold Foil Glitter Crystal - Featuring Power Pigment Full Coverage

·         Storm (ZP645) - Black with Multi Color Crystal Shimmer - Featuring Power Pigment Full Coverage


.      Aurora (ZP646) - Plum with Multi Color Crystal Shimmer - Featuring Power Pigment Full Coverage


·         Logan (ZP647) - Green Foil Glitter Crystal - Featuring Power Pigment Full Coverage


Ultra long-wearing, glossy nail lacquers by Zoya are BIG5FREE - all formulas are completely free of harmful industrial chemicals such as toluene, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and dibutyl phthalate (DBP) that are known to cause cancer and birth defects.



Find over 300 other Zoya shades at www.zoya.com. Each and every name has a color as unique as the women who inspired it.





STORM, BLAZE, AURORA 



ELECTRA, ZIV, LOGAN

Below are swatches - Of course I do not have gorgeous nails, but I do love painting my nails even though I'm not that good at it! :) 



From top to bottom: Storm, Blaze, Aurora, Logan, and Ziv.

The color Aurora is absolutely beautiful and sadly one of the ones I didn't get a really good swatch of because it's hard to capture it's uniqueness on a photo. It's very gorgeous. It has fine holographic glitter mixed which in it's plumy color which makes it look like a gorgeous array of colors. The diamond esc' touch of the glitter turns the purple into something amazing!




This swatch of Aurora is from www.zoya.com.  


______________________________









This is Blaze. Blaze is a color that you can sheer out to an almost berry color with multi-holographic glitter mixed into the polish. I only have one coat of the polish on in the pictures above. So you can sheer it out or with two coats the color of Blaze can be a bit deeper to almost a deep blood red jewel tone color. It's very beautiful and one of the best Reds/Plum/Berry colors I've ever seen! 




Storm: Is a black with blasts of glitter in the mix. Black has been all the rage this FALL and I have to say it's a very wearable color than straight black. The glitter is finely milled of course - with the holographic glitter/micro-diamond glitter it almost sets off a smoke color at times which I would assume that is why they came up with the name 'Storm'. 




Ziv is one of the best golds I've ever seen! I only have one coat on so it's not really as sheer as it looks the flash is kind of giving it a sheerer look. When two coats are applied as with all of these polishes they are really opaque! This polish reminds me of what an Egyptian goddess would have worn. It's a foiled-metallic yellow gold. 






Logan is such a crazy green color - PERFECT for the holidays. Logan is one of my favorites out of this collection because it has that holographic glitter as well, but also a duo-crome aspect to it as well - the colors shift from yellow-gold to blue-green. It's very cool. I love the little yellow flecks I'll see. This green is so vibrant and oh my gosh I just love it! If you are looking for a good holiday green - you need this color!





Okay so Electra is like having the holiday tinsel you sprinkle on your trees in a bottle! I'm not fond of the color under-neath which I'm trying to use up so I just added Electra on top to see what it would look like and it kind of changed the nude color into a peach or maybe it's just me, but I thought it looked better than the flat nude color. Electra has little flecks of holographic and micro glitter in it, but has more of the long hexagonal pieces as well. As all of the collection from the Ornate Collection it's very HOLIDAY!

I have been switching these colors off and on and I've heard people talk about Zoya chipping!? I don't know if it's this particular formula, but I have over 12 Zoya polishes and none of them have ever chipped as bad as Essie - Zoya even stood up against my OPI colors. I am so rough with my nails as you can see. I'm always working with my hands and my nails get roughed up easily and chip easily - literally any polish I buy within a day of painting them they are chipped so it's usually useless for me to paint my nails, but I do anyway because I love painted nails, but with these polishes I can wear them for a 4-5 days with no chipping. It does not chip at all actually .. it more or less fades up the nail which I like. It is a little bit harder to remove because these all are a glitter polish, but their are many tutorials out their about how to remove glitter polishes more easily. I'm not for sure if Zoya was leaning toward the Jewel tones for this collection, but they've really captured some great Jewel tone colors in Aurora and Blaze. 


For More Information on Zoya Visit:

ZOYA's Website: http://www.zoya.com/


________________________________________


* I received these polishes for in request for my honest opinion. All thoughts and opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment