Thursday, April 23, 2015

NARS Christopher Kane Collection 2015

NARS Christopher Kane Collection



Since 2012, NARS and Christopher Kane have been collaborating on the Christopher Kane runway shows at London Fashion Week. This collection is the evolution of the creative relationship over the past six seasons and reflects three signature Christopher Kane color themes; bold neon, classic neutral and futuristic iridescence which are based on artifacts from Christopher Kane’s past collections. 




Featured: Violet Atom Illuminating Multiple, Quantum Illuminating Multiple(not shown), but will picture it below, Starscape Blush, Silent Nude Blush, Duo Eyeshadow in Parallel Universe, Single Eyeshadow in Outer Limits, Lipglosses: Nucleus, Nebulous, Mezmer, and Glow Pink.

The Iluminating Multiple in Quantum not pictured:

As NARS first fashion collaboration to feature a full color collection with products for the eyes, lip and cheeks, this gorgeous limited edition collection combines NARS’ iconic and bold beauty philosophy with Christopher Kane’s signature color palette and design aesthetic. The 10 item collection also includes a new blush formula and illuminating multiple formula from Christopher Kane’s SS15 runway show (Violet Atom).  

The items I received are the Christopher Kane Collection in the Duo Eyeshadows in "Parallel Universe" and the single eyeshadow "Outer Limits"


See the Nars packaging in the nice sleek black Nars is known for, but the Christopher Kane Collection features a nice bright hot pink with the Nars lettering with his name in all white. Very beautiful.

"Makeup should be a wardrobe. It's about adding colors that have a great impact on you." - Franois Nars


"I often use neons as neutrals. They refresh and inspire."- Christopher Kane

See the colors in the first single eyeshadow in "Outer Limits" it has a beautiful orangy coralish color. It's very glittery and shiny on the lids. The duo in "Parallel Universe" is very beautiful and is more of a shimmer with very little to no glitter. The left color shows up on the skin as more of a silvery pink as to the right the color is a deeper purplish pink that goes great deepened into the crease. 



This eyeshadow look was done by using the Nars duo in "Parallel Universe" with the left color on my lid and the right color on my crease.


This look was done with the single eyeshadow in Nars "Outer Limits" on my lid with the bronzer by Nars in "Laguna" on my crease, and "Opal Coast" single eyeshadow as my eyebrow highlight. I also used Nars "Unlawful" blush on my cheeks, and the Nars velvet lip liner in "El Auga" . I also used Nars Laguna to contour with all favorites of mine. 

I'm really loving this collection and am thinking of picking up some of the Illuminating Multiples since I've never tried them before. I think they would go well as a blush and as a lip stick as well. I think Nars partnering with Christopher Kane was a great move. They put such delicate touches on everything in the collection. They all have very spacey names and that's what these two items the single and duo eyeshadows remind me of. I feel like I've got colors from space on my eyes. They are so pigmented and beautiful on the lids. Make sure you grab these items up because they are Limited Edition. Nars always hits it out of the park I think with each collection they release. These colors are beautiful on their own or even wet. I've tried them both ways and they are very beautiful. What I do if I don't want to wet down the eyeshadow palette is put the color on the brush and spray the brush after adding shadow. I've gotten tons of compliments asking me to do make-up on my friends using the same looks. In person they are even more beautiful so make sure you go and check them out in your local Sephora or Ulta. 

Make sure you check out Nars social medias for new releases:




__________________________________________________
FTC: I was sent these products by Nars in consideration for my honest opinion and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment